Qoros, the new Chinese car manufacturer, has made history by receiving the highest safety score ever from C-NCAP.
– The Qoros 3 Sedan receives best ever safety rating from C-NCAP
– Score of 60.5, highest score ever in C-NCAP’s history
Side impact testing from C-NCAP
The Qoros 3 Sedan received the highest score ever from C-NCAP
The Qoros 3 Sedan receives a five-star plus rating from C-NCAP
The Qoros 3 Sedan scored 60.5 points out of a maximum of 62, giving it a five-star plus safety rating – the only car to receive this across all cars tested, including cars from almost all major vehicle manufacturers including Volvo, Mercedes, Audi, BMW and Toyota.
This follows on from the five-star rating received for the Qoros 3 Sedan by EuroNCAP in 2013, who also named it ‘The Safest Car of the Year’. Qoros’ second model, the 3 Hatch, has been awarded the same impressive safety rating from EuroNCAP.
The C-NCAP safety test is highly regulated and very difficult. Three cars are selected at random from various dealerships across the country for each model. The scores are based on four key tests: frontal crash (head on and off-set), whiplash and side impact. The Qoros Sedan demonstrated excellent safety performance not only for front but also for rear passengers as its advanced rear safety seatbelts feature pre-tensioners and load limiters. C-NCAP also rewarded the presence of safety features such as ESC, curtain airbags, seatbelt reminders and ISOFIX for child seats.
Qoros prides itself on the safety of its vehicles, and its internal crash testing processes even look into requirements of other markets. Even though the vehicle is not sold in the USA, Qoros assessed its Sedan in the challenging ‘Small Overlap Crash’ scenario, which is used in USA safety tests. The results indicated a ‘good’ performance level in this severe crash test.
“This five-star plus safety rating from C-NCAP, the highest score in its history, is a fantastic achievement,” said Phil Murtaugh, CEO of Qoros. “Yet again Qoros shows that it has the levels of safety and quality that meet or exceed those of established international brands.”
The Qoros 3 Sedan is manufactured at the Qoros plant in Changshu, China.
Independent, dynamic, success-oriented: the Qoros company
- Qoros was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in China. Its international team of experienced automotive experts is leading the development of a range of vehicles that exhibit world-class standards of design, engineering and quality.
- After debuting at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2013, the brand’s first car, the Qoros 3 Sedan, became the first developed in China to be awarded the maximum five-star rating in the Euro NCAP crash tests. Euro NCAP later announced it as ‘the best performer of any car subjected to Euro NCAP’s crash tests in 2013’ making it one of the safest tested in the organisation’s 16-year history.
- The brand’s second production model, the Qoros 3 Hatch, debuted at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2014. It went on to win an Honourable Mention in the prestigious Red Dot Awards in recognition of the quality of its design, and several further awards at the Beijing Motor Show in April 2014. Qoros’ third production, the Qoros 3 City SUV, went on sale in China in December 2014.
- Qoros’ all-new, highly-efficient and environmentally-sustainable assembly facility in Changshu is ramping up series production of the Qoros 3 Sedan, Hatch and City SUV.
- Further information about the Qoros brand, the company and its products is available http://www.qorosauto.com/en