To celebrate the first year of successful cooperation with Richard Mille, prestige watch retailer Kronometry 1999 is proud to announce the launch of a limited edition RM030 automatic caliber.
Already available from Kronometry 1999’s boutiques in Cannes and Monaco the Richard Mile brand will soon be introduced (May 2012) to their London flagship store located in New Bond Street.
Kronomtery 1999 has represented the best of prestige watchmaking in Europe’s finest locations since 1999. Fascinated by the art of Haute Horologerie, intricate mechanics and technical innovation, founder Walter Ronchetti recognized those very same values in Richard Mille’s distinctive timepieces.
The RM 030 Kronometry 1999 limited edition features a titanium DLC-treated case on a black rubber strap and titanium DLC buckle. Dark grey numbers and bezel create a powerful contrast with the bright orange details of second markers, power reserve, declutchable rotor indicator, and tips of the hands.
Inside the case of the RM 030 beats the novel RMAR1 automatic movement. The caliber RMAR1, with 40 jewels and beating at 4Hz, has a free sprung balance with variable inertia and a new declutchable rotor. Richard Mille took four years to develop the concept and design of a rotor that declutches automatically. The winding barrel is automatically disconnected from the rotor’s winding mechanism when the spring is fully wound. Additionally, this new mechanism is linked to the power reserve indicator to provide an optimal winding control. This allows both the movement and the oscillator to work with the best ratio of constant torque/power to provide the best chronometric performance.
CALIBER RM030 Kronometry 1999 Limited Edition features:
– Automatic winding movement
– Power reserve circa 55 hours
– Declutchable and adjustable rotor geometry
– Winding indicator
– Date display
– Free sprung balance with variable inertia
– Double barrel
– Baseplate, bridges and balance cock made of titanium
– Torque limiting crown in titanium
– Balance: Glucydur, 4 arms
– Inertia moment 4.8 mg.cm2, angle of lift 53°
– Frequency: 28,800 vph (4 Hz)
– Spline screws in grade 5 titanium for the bridges and the case
– Interior flanges in carbon fiber
– Baseplate and bridges in grade 5 titanium, wet sandblasted, Titalyt® treated
– Barrel bridges PVD coated
– Sapphire blasted and hand-drawn surfaces
– Limited edition of 9 pieces in Titanium DLC
The RM 030 Kronometry 1999 Limited Edition of 9 pieces is exclusively