Jelly Belly jelly beans come in over 100 true-to-life flavours and are the perfect decorative addition to your festive cooking. The dazzling colours of these delicious little beans light up the simplest recipe.
CHRISTMAS WREATH Makes 9 cupcakes.
The great thing about creating the Jelly Belly Christmas Wreath is that you can make it as large or as small as you like. Just remember to have plenty of Jelly Belly® jelly beans on hand.
- 9 cupcakes, your favourite flavour, baked in green paper liners and cooled
- 1/2 cups readymade vanilla icing, divided into red and green food colouring
- 1/2 cup each, Kiwi, Margarita and Green Apple Jelly Belly® jelly beans
- 13 Red Apple Jelly Belly®jelly beans
- whole graham crackers
- thin pretzel sticks
- 1/2 cup Very Cherry or Cinnamon red Jelly Belly® jelly beans
- Coconut Jelly Belly jelly beans
1. Tint 1/2 cup of the vanilla icing red with the food colouring and spoon into a small re-sealable bag; set aside. Tint the remaining 1 cup of vanilla icing green with the food colouring.
2. Spread the tops of the cupcakes with the green icing. Arrange a line of Green Apple Jelly Belly jelly beans, end to end across the top of all but 1 cupcake. Arrange the Kiwi and Margarita Jelly Belly jelly beans on either side of the Green Apple Jell Belly jelly beans to create the holly leaf shape. Allow the beans to stand up slightly to give some texture or motion. Place the cupcakes in a circle on a serving platter, keeping the plain cupcake at the bottom of wreath.
3. Using a serrated knife cut the graham crackers into two 2 by 1 1/2 “triangles and two 2 1/2 by 3” triangles. Snip a small corner from the bag with the red icing. Pipe the red icing on top of the graham cracker pieces. Arrange the Very Cherry Jelly Belly jelly beans in rows on top of the graham cracker pieces. Place the pieces on top of the plain iced cupcake using the pretzel sticks as support under the crackers to make the bow. Place the Very Cherry Jelly Belly jelly beans in clusters on top of the wreath and one in the centre of the bow.
4. Spread the Coconut Jelly Belly jelly beans all over the platter around the wreath.
For more Christmas recipes go to: http://www.jellybelly-uk.com/cook?category=christmas
All Jelly Belly beans are free from fat, wheat, gluten, dairy and gelatine-free. Each bean contains just 4 calories each they are suitable for vegetarians and certified OU Kosher. Jelly Belly jelly beans can be purchased at Waitrose, Sainsbury, Tesco, WH Smith, Harrods, Selfridges, John Lewis, Harvey Nichols, Debenhams, Fenwicks and all the best independent sweet shops.
Telephone 0800 018 4416 for nearest stockist.
Also available from www.jellybelly-uk.com