Hard to believe that the first man to walk on the Moon has a 75th birthday on August 5th. See what you can remember about 1969 and the day Neil Armstrong became the world’s most famous person.
1. What number was the Apollo mission that took him to the Moon?
a) 13 b) 11 c) 16
2. Where was Mission Control based?
a) Houston b) Galveston c) Dallas
3. Who landed on the Moon with him?
a) Fred Haise b) Gene Krantz c) Buzz Aldrin
4) In which month did they land on the Moon?
a) December b) February c) July
5) Which US state was Armstrong born in?
a) Ohio b) Texas c) Hawaii
6. Which of the Moon’s ‘seas’ did they land in?
a) Dreams b) Changes c) Tranquility
7. What was the title of the Lunar Module?
a) Discovery b) Eagle c) Mercury
8. Which US President welcomed them back?
a) Johnson b) Ford c) Nixon
9) How many astronauts were on the mission?
a) 3 b) 2 c) 4
10. Recently, what items did Armstrong go to court to prevent the sale of?
a) Moon rocks b) Parts of his old aircraft
c) Locks of his hair
1. b 2. a 3.c 4.c 5. a
6. c 7. b 8. c 9.b 10. c